Translate

Thursday, April 12, 2012

2012 NY Auto Show: 2013 Acura ILX

The 2013 Acura ILX will be Acura's entry level sedan. The ILX is based on the Honda Civic and will share a few things in common. There will be three engine choices: a 2.0L four-cylinder engine mated to a 5-speed Sequential Sportshift automatic transmission, a 2.4L four-cylinder mated to a 6-speed manual transmission, and a 1.5L four-cylinder engine mated to a electric hybrid motor and automatic transmission. The 2.0L four-cylinder engine will achieve 24 mpg/city and 35 mpg/hwy. The 2.4L four-cylinder engine will achieve 22 mpg/city and 31 mpg/hwy. The hybrid variant will achieve 39 mpg/city and 38/hwy. All-Wheel drive will not be an option on the ILX. To differentiate this model from the Civic, the ILX will receive options such as premium leather, a Keyless Access System, and push button start.

The inside of the ILX is quite tight in the backseat. I am 5'9" and I had decent legroom but very limited headroom. The backseats are very comfortable and plush. There is also a low tunnel shaft which is always a good thing. The driver's seat is a more enjoyable place to be in the ILX. The dashboard and console of the ILX is done very well and screams luxury. There are nice materials throughout the cabin but you will notice areas where there are hard plastics. I am a new fan of Acura's display screen and navigation system. Like any Acura vehicle there is plenty of storage to put your items in. I was very worried about what the interior would be like but I was really impressed.

I think that Acura has done a great job with the ILX and I am sure they will attract new entry level luxury buyers. Lately Acura has been changing my perception about them with their vehicles. I look forward to getting behind the wheel of the new 2013 ILX.

Please follow, subscribe, and check out my other posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...